When you lose one or more teeth, your oral health can take a turn for the worse. There’ll be an unsightly gap in your smile, and your remaining teeth will be under more strain. Eating food can become an uncomfortable experience. In Orpington, dental implants from Orpington Dental Care are a powerful solution to the difficulties caused by missing teeth. We have years of experience in using dental implants to restore dental function and aesthetic balance.
The process of having dental implants in Orpington
Firstly, we’ll book you in for a consultation. At our friendly dental practice, we can assess your oral health and take some meticulous measurements of your teeth. You’ll need sufficient jawbone density before you can receive the implants, and some preliminary work might be necessary before we start the next stage.
You’ll then receive your Orpington dental implants in a minor surgical procedure, during which our dentist places small, screw-like posts into your jawbone. After a period of healing, you’ll come back to the practice to have your new teeth affixed to the posts.
Having dental implants in Orpington will bring you several oral health benefits:
- A secure mesh forms between your jawbone and the implanted posts, which means your teeth are securely anchored in your mouth. You can thus enjoy biting into and chewing your favourite foods, without worrying about the teeth falling out;
- The implants are easy to clean. They stay in your mouth like natural teeth, and you won’t need to fiddle with clips or adhesives;
- The implants help you to keep the integrity of your facial bone structure, so you won’t develop the sunken look associated with long-term tooth loss;
- Your smile will be much more visually appealing;
- You might find certain words and phrases easier to pronounce, which boosts the overall fluency of your speech.
We can use dental implants in Orpington to restore any number of lost teeth. Whether you’ve had a single one knocked out while playing sports, or you’ve lost a whole set to tooth decay, we can give you back what you’ve been missing. This treatment will restore your dental function and improve your overall quality of life.